America Makes has given its Distinguished Collaborator Award to Richard J Lonardo, principle consultant at Defense and Energy Systems LLC.
‘Not only has [Lonardo] successfully led two America Makes technical research projects, he has also served to set the standard for how the role and responsibilities of a project Principal Investigator should be performed,’ said America Makes executive director Rob Gorham.
The Institute honors individuals for cultivating effective collaborative relationships with academia, government, and industry, and contributing to the mission of America Makes.
Lonardo currently serves as the additive manufacturing program manager for the Youngstown Business Incubator (YBI) and is one of its technical liaisons with America Makes. Previously, he spent two decades in the US military.
America Makes also announced its Class of 2018 America Makes Ambassadors, which are:
- Eric Barnes, manager of Manufacturing Technology, Northrop Grumman
- Rick Billo, associate vice president for research, Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Sarah Boisvert, MBA, founder, Fab Lab Hub, LLC
- Jesse Boyer, Fellow – additive manufacturing, Pratt & Whitney
- Lauralyn McDaniel, industry manager – medical and manager, Innovation Watch, SME
- Neal Orringer, vice president – defense R&D, 3D Systems Corporation
- Brandon Ribic, PhD, joining specialist, Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Tim Shinbara, vice president of manufacturing technology, AMT
- Andy Snow, senior vice president, Electro Optical Systems (EOS) North America
- Jim Tressel, president, Youngstown State University (YSU).
This story is reprinted from material from America Makes, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.